Founded by Susan Martin, SMART IN PLANNING is a Retail Merchandise Planning Company that provides services, solutions and support in this highly specialised, business critical field. Our objective is simple … maximise sales and profit through optimising inventory. Therein lies the competitive edge.
Everything we’ve done in our extensive careers in Merchandise Planning, is leveraged to the benefit of our Clients. We offer specialist insights and tailored solutions accessible …bringing together the art and the science of Merchandise Planning.
We are practitioners, not theorists, having honed our skills across senior roles spanning fast fashion, hard goods, seasonal, branded, online, FMCG, discount variety sectors, specialist sectors and more.
Every business is different. Solutions are tailored and scalable to suit small startups through to large corporations with multi billion dollar turnovers. We get to know you, and customise our solutions to precisely what you need. And if you’re not sure what you need, we’ll help you figure that out too.
We work with Retailers and Wholesalers across all products types – apparel, footwear, leisure and intimates, hardgoods and discount variety, specialist retailers like baby, pet and beauty, through to lifestyle, furniture and more.
Our Clients are located across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, regional areas in Australia, as well as internationally; we can offer support in almost any location.
Our services and support include:
Create and embed a Merchandise Planning Framework
- Helping businesses introduce the Merchandise Planning function
- Creating the Planning environment
- Establishing Planning practices
- Guiding and educating teams, and demonstrating results
- Driving profitable inventory management
We establish Merchandise Planning in your business, so you can reap the benefits of #planningasitshouldbe
Stabilise and strengthen People | Process | Systems
- Assessment of team skills, capacity, and structures
- Review and refinement of Merchandise Planning processes
- Planning system support through every stage of implementation including objective selection, scope, design, test, train, and embed
- Unlock the ROI in Merchandise Planning
We have the technical expertise and capacity to make positive transformation less demanding for your business
See Merchandise Planning through our unique lens and learn the thinking behind the concepts.
- Ideal for both businesses and individuals
- Workshop style and face to face training solutions
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities
- Courses through SMART SCHOOL, our online learning portal.
- Free Resource centre The Planning POD.
Merchandise Planning is a niche skill set, often misunderstood and under-utilised. We have the experience and the passion to amplify the impact of Planning in your business.
Outsource | Outsmart | Outplay | Outlast
- Outsource your Planning to the experts
- Bridge vacancies to stay on track, and meet business critical deadlines that require technical Planning expertise.
- Our flexible solution compliments your recruitment process. We “get” it, and hit the ground running
- Bolster capacity at peak times or with expertise on key projects
Enjoy the benefits of senior Merchandise Planning expertise without committing to a permanent in-house Merchandise Planning structure
Sales, Margin and Stock management is our expertise; our art
- We help formulate strategy, and drive tangible results through our Merchandise Planning expertise
- Executive insights, strategic thinking, commercial acumen are brought to the table through Board Advisory style engagements
Having held numerous Executive level roles across varied business models, Susan has a reputation for elevating the Planning perspective in organisations, embedding lasting and profitable change.
As an external resource, we bring both capability & capacity to work on the business, enabling you to stay focused on the daily operational demands of a fast paced retail environment.
Please visit our website to find out more about all the ways we offer Merchandise Planning as a service.